Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Surfing the web for the Purrr-fect meals

There isn't much that happens in this house (okay, apartment) without the furry one's permission. If she wants you to bugger off, you will. If she wants a treat, you will feed her. If she wants a drink from the sink, you guess it, the facet is on. But the most common "if she____, then ____" scenario is: If she wants snuggles, you will accommodate her fuzzy hot-pocket of a body wherever and whenever. Most of the time we are down to help a cat out and give her "brain scratchies" and under arm rub (I know I know cats don't have arms.)
 
But let's discuss momentarily how downright invasively obnoxious this cat Ms. Buchowski can be when one is attempting to work on a laptop.  
 
What's that beeping?
Number 1: laptops are already hot and summer time can get sticky (*see summer time temps in Mpls) Number 2: Cats paws are enough like human fingers that they do in fact move the track pad and mess up the cursor location, frequently. Number 3: Cat butts on keyboards have the ability to reset passwords, change the volume of your Bluetooth speaker, print things, and general F-Sh*& up on a laptop. It is getting "ranty" I know so  here's the last one for now.
Note the irritated look on her face.

Number 4: The cat I have in mind really couldn't care any less about what it was the human in the moment is trying to accomplish, snuggles and arm-pit rubs are the main objective and she will do anything she has to in order to receive said affection including but not limited to: biting the laptop screen, sitting directly behind the screen and staring you down, swishing her tail across the keyboard, sitting directly on your arms, head-butting you in the chin and walking under your chin and getting cat hair stuck in your 5 o'clock shadow (**see below for clarification) 
 

browsing and purring

So yesterday whilst attempting to meal plan some deliciousness from one of my faves (www.Nomnompaleo.com) this happened...
 
Thankfully we found a way to meet both of our needs, Ella got her brain scratchies and I got a killer menu planned for the week. I dare you to try the Shrimp-Stuffed Cremini Mushrooms they were delish!
 
In closing I would like to submit video evidence 5C regarding the case at hand, forgive my kitty voice, it sounds vaguely like my baby voice, I need to work on that.
 
 
 
*Summer temperatures in Minneapolis MN can reach into the high 90s and even break 100 degrees Fahrenheit. No it is not ALWAYS winter here. And YES we do have running water and electricity.
**5 o'clock shadow: That's a Gabe problem, I maintain my chin hairs quite arduously thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment